Guidance News Today
WATCH FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION via websites, social media, email, and Classroom!
Early College Program updates are coming soon!
- Seniors: ISTEP scores will be distributed as soon as they are available.
- Juniors and Seniors: ASVAB scores are being processed currently and will be distributed as soon as they are available.
- Sophomores and Juniors: PSAT scores will be released soon. Watch for more information about a PSAT Night for students and parents.
SENIORS: ASVAB scores can be used to qualify for a Graduation Pathways diploma. If you did NOT take the fall test, there may be an opportunity to take the test in the spring.
JUNIORS: The SAT School Day will be given to ALL juniors on March 2. Watch for more information about times and testing locations.
SOPHOMORES and interested Seniors: The spring ASVAB administration will be March 2. Watch for more information about times and
GRADUATION PATHWAYS UPDATE: Bucket 2 (Employability Skills) can now be satisfied by meaningful participation in an extracurricular activity (including athletics) as well as part-time employment. See your counselor for more information or to pick up a verification form.
Scholarship FYI: All Steuben County Community Foundation locally endowed scholarship applications are available NOW. Check out the SCCF website or AHS scholarship for a list of scholarships and their descriptions. Get started early in order to give recommenders plenty of time to submit necessary materials. See Mr. Police if you have any questions.
2021-22 MSD School Calendar
2021-22 Impact Institute Calendar
New Student Enrollment
Parents who wish to enroll a student who did not attend AHS in the previous year should follow the steps below:
1) Complete the appropriate withdrawal from and return all necessary materials to the previous school
2) Contact the appropriate AHS counselor to discuss whether or not the enrollment can be faciliated
If the enrollment process can continue,
3) Have or create a valid email address
4) Complete Tuition Transfer paperwork at the MSD Central Office if the family lives outside the MSD district; continue with Step 5 AFTER you have been notified that the tuition transfer has been approved
5) Complete the pre-registration information found here:
6) Schedule an appointment with the student's counselor
7) Bring the following items to the scheduled appointment
a) proof of residency
b) birth certificate
c) legal custody documents (if necessary)
d) transcript from previous school (whenever possible)
8) Create a PowerSchool Parent Account and complete all additional registration materials
Information about SAT and ACT testing can be found here.
A list of colleges that are using a test-optional admissions policy can be found here. Check back regularly as more colleges may be added (ie, Purdue University is not on lthe list but has made the decision to be test-optional).
- General Presentation
- Financial Aid Presentation
- Sr Checklist and Helpful Websites
- Sr Data Sheet
- FAFSA Completion Tips
- FSA ID Information
- An Interesting Read for Seniors & Parents
- Questa Foundation Information
- Creating a ScholarTrack Account (remember to include SSN when registering!)
Access PSAT Scores (YouTube video links)
Junior Year Presentation
Junior Year Checklist
Upcoming Events: Check this page regularly for news and information related to the AHS Guidance Department
- ASVAB practice: there are many free sites to help prepare
- SAT and ACT practice: try this new (and free!) website to help prepare for college admissions exam